Back to Squawk list
  • 27

Boeing Announces Partnership With Embraer

Enviado há
 
America's Boeing and Brazil's Embraer have finally come through with a much-expected collaboration by signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that will combine efforts to catch up to lost ground against its competitors. Both manufacturers will enter into a joint venture that will see the commercial aircraft and services business of Embraer, aligning with Boeing's commercial development, production, marketing and lifecycle services operations. (airwaysmag.com) Mais...

Sort type: [Top] [Newest]


pilotjag
pilotjag 3
Boeing Press Release...
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-07-05-Boeing-and-Embraer-to-Establish-Strategic-Aerospace-Partnership-to-Accelerate-Global-Aerospace-Growth

Boeing is to take an 80% stake in Embraer's commercial aircraft and services business. This includes Embraer’s ERJ and E-Jet families, the new E2 airplanes and all commercial aftermarket services. Embraer will be retaining the other 20%, which includes the defense and executive jet products and services businesses associated with those products.
tyketto
Brad Littlejohn 3
Airbus/Bombardier naysayers can't say anything now because this is an even bigger ownership between Boeing and Embraer than the 51/49 between Airbus and Bombardier.

But the bigger questions loom: Where will the E170/E190 series as well as the E2s be built? This is important, because Trump levied steel and aluminum tariffs against Brazil, which are in effect.
mikehe
Indeed! And this tie-up with South America might help shield Boeing from European retaliatory tariff levels if the current silliness continues.

So, who's going to buy a share in Chinese Aerospace?
(*irony alert*)
VictorSerraventoso
EMBRAER STARTS JOINT VENTURE IN CHINA - Brazilian aircraft manufacturer Embraer signed a deal to build a production facility in China through a joint venture with Harbin Aircraft Industry and Hafei Aviation Industry, two companies owned by Chinese manufacturer AVIC-II. The equity investment in the joint venture will total $25 million, of which Embraer will contribute 51 percent. The new company, named Harbin Embraer Aircraft Industry Company, Ltd, will be located in Harbin, the capital ...
VictorSerraventoso
That was back in 2002
wwharris
Bill Harris 1
Some more analysis here: https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeings-embraer-deal-is-a-key-strategic-play-for-the-future/
SmokedChops
SmokedChops 1
out of curiosity, where will the SuperTucano project land? How long before we pencil 'Embraer' next to 'McDonnell-Douglas' in the historical archives? That said, I wish them success, and I hope it brings value to the investors.
propjoe
Joe Mayer 0
(Duplicate Squawk Submitted)

Boeing and Embraer Reach deal

Boeing takes over Embraer commercial airplane operations for $4.75 billion.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44726100
allen018
Bill Allen -1
"I currently avoid the Embraer commuter jest AA uses. Their built for Brazilian midgets."

?
nparsayekta
nader parsa 0
hi my friends
wfmihok
William Mihok -7
I currently avoid the Embraer commuter jest AA uses. Their built for Brazilian midgets. Hope this joint advnture means more comfortable aircraft.

Entrar

Não tem uma conta? Registre-se agora (gratuito) para funcionalidades personalizáveis, alertas de vôo e mais!
Esse site utiliza cookies. Ao usá-lo e continuar a navegar, você concorda com isso.
Ignorar
Você sabia que o rastreamento de voos da FlightAware é patrocinado por anúncios?
Você pode nos ajudar a manter o FlightAware gratuito, permitindo anúncios de FlightAware.com. Trabalhamos muito para manter nossa publicidade relevante e discreta para criar uma ótima experiência. É rápido e fácil permitir anúncios no FlightAware ou, caso prefira, considere nossas contas premium.
Ignorar