← Back to Squawk list
Bombardier Exits Commercial AviationBombardier Exits Commercial Aviation. Bombardier’s strategic exit from commercial aviation leaves Airbus and the Government of Québec as sole owners of the A220 narrow-body program. Airbus will retain 75% ownership while the Government of Québec retains the remaining 25% stake. (news.flightag.com) More...
Sort type: [Top] [Newest]
this is an effort to shed heavy debt
Saw this move coming, from Bombardier, a mile away.They sold their transportation division to Alstrom just days ago.
This just finalizes what effectively happened long ago when Bombardier sold 51% of the CSeries to Airbus and sold off the Q Series and CRJ. It look like Bombardier plans to stay in the biz jet business (for now) which is good news if true. It was rumored they would sell the biz jet division to Textron. Also no mention of selling rail to Alstom. Hopefully with selling their remaining interest in CSeries to Airbus they can stave off selling the remaining parts.
Seems odd since the CRJ's are variations on the Challengers. Business wise, I don't know, but otherwise, you would think you would keep them together.
Mitsubishi is buying the crj program
So the taxpayer is still on the hook oh well nothing new up there or in the EU plane building world.