Aviation Sales Associate
Location is FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
As a part of the digital aviation sales team, you will work directly for the Vice President of Sales and interact with aircraft operators from all facets of aviation, aviation service providers, and other aviation companies as well as the FlightAware engineering team to coordinate and deliver solutions to meet customers' needs. The position's primary responsibility is to sell FlightAware's suite of digital aviation products to aviation service providers.
- Represent, demonstrate, and sell FlightAware's commercial services to the aviation industry throughout the United States.
- Drive the entire sales cycle with aviation businesses (airlines, private aviation, and supporting third parties) from developing your own opportunities through prospecting, networking, and cold calling to supporting existing clients.
- Primary focus on custom reporting and data services.
The right candidate will have the following traits and skills:
- At least 1 year of professional work experience in aviation, required
- Established relationships in the aviation community
- Proven sales record and comfortable with technical data sales
- Ability to build and maintain strong and qualified sales pipeline
- Fearless in making outbound sales and business relationship inquiries
- Worked successfully in an entrepreneurial environment; must be a self-starter.
- Clear and concise communication, verbal and written
- Demonstrates necessary business acumen with technical literacy
- Strong organizational skills with proven time-management; ability to get things done
- Pilot certificate (even student) a plus
- Able to travel up to 25%, domestic and international; must have a valid current passport
Potential to move into a sales management or product manager position in the future.
- Salary varies based on experience and education
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: Aviation Sales Associate - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.